Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, please allow the couriers an extra 24 to 48 hours for your delivery.
The Best Perks of the Job (Infographic)
Employers can face a struggle to attract and retain a diverse range of special talent. Heads can easily be turned if an employee doesn’t feel valued within a company.
Many studies have noted that a high satisfaction rate related to employee benefits can go a long way to increasing loyalty and happiness within the workforce.
While large companies have the financial backing to provide lucrative benefits that help retention rates, small companies should still take note and learn from their larger counterparts.
Some perks come in the form of how the office is designed and furnished, as evident some of Googe's amazing looking offices. They are all designed to keep employees happy and motivated.
Here’s what companies from a range of industries are offering their employees…
Employee Insights: The Best Perks of the Job
Many companies run with similar perks such as medical plans and paid holiday leave. But which employers go above and beyond to grant that greater quality of life to its employees'?
Employees who are very satisfied with their benefits are almost four times more likely to be very satisfied with their jobs.
- Free gourmet food and never-ending snacks, promoting a healthy lifestyle through food
- 24/7 in-house tech support from their TechStop service
- Dogs are welcome into the office
- Employees can be given “massage credits” for a job well done. Redeemable for a one-hour massage
- When a Googler passes away their spouse receives half their salary for the next 10 years
- The 80/20 rule allows Googlers to dedicate 80% of their time to their primary job and 20% on passion projects
- Xoogler alumni support for the rest of your life
- Huge discounts on Microsoft products
- Free membership at ProSports Club
- A shopping mall right on the Microsoft grounds in Washington
- On-campus health centre. Walk-ins welcome
- Fields and courts for a large variety of sports
- Lots of entertainment, including Xbox’s, pool tables and arcade machines
- Matches employees for time spent on philanthropic endeavours
- Provides monetary assistance to family members in the event of the death of an Apple employee
- Mothers can take a total of 18 weeks of parental leave, and fathers can have up to 6 weeks
- Large discounts on Apple products
- Holds an event called the “beer bash” every few weeks. Serves free beer and live bands perform
Industry: Food Beverage
- Cash rewards based on annual performance
- Company car program which includes insurance, maintenance and repair
- Anniversary splash - Extra week of paid time off when an employee reaches an anniversary “of the fives” (5, 15, 25, 35).
- Sabbatical program - employees can take an eight-week paid sabbatical every 10 years of full-time continuous service
- Adoption assistance - help with costs associated with adopting a child under the age of 18
- Tuition reimbursement for Arizona State University's online studies program that covers two years of classes
- a 30% in-store discount and one free pound of coffee, box of K-Cup Packs or tea a week
- Employee sponsored retirement plan: offers 4-6% 401(k) matching
- Expansive discount program
- Cell phone discounts
- Up to 90% off at 18,000 dining locations
- Up to 35% off movie tickets
- Price discounts off electronics
- Air, Hotel & Car Rentals from Corporate Perks
26% of job offers are rejected due to benefits/salary not meeting expectations.
Industry: Travel Hospitality
- Healthcare benefits for hourly workers that work 30+ hours a week
- Steep discounts on rooms for family and friends
- Quarter Century Club - free weekend hotel stays for life
- Awards of Excellence - Oscar-style ceremony
- Career advancement - recruiting from within (e.g. entry-level to management)
- Free flights on Southwest Airlines
- Large discounts with participating carriers
- Guest passes for family and friends to share the experience
- Annual employee events (Haunted Headquarters and Spirit Parties)
- Skill growth - Spending time in another person’s shoes to learn about their job
Walt Disney World Resort (Cast members)
- Access to Mickey’s Retreat. A place to relax during downtime at work
- Huge variety of discounts, from Disney hotel rooms to dining
- Rights to shop at ‘Company D’ store. Exclusive items you can’t buy anywhere else
- Behind the scenes tours and talks
- An exclusive look at future attractions
51% of millennials say benefits are where their current employer has the most room for improvement.
- Weight management program reimbursement
- Online health classes
- Tobacco cessation offerings and resources
- Child and adult (elder) care consultation and referral
- Financial and legal consultation and referral services
- Expert medical opinion program, which provides a free second opinion about a complex medical condition
- Baby gift program to welcome new family members
- “Fun funds” for team celebrations and team-building exercises
- Wellness programs for you and your spouse or domestic partner
- Friday half days, all year long
- Paid time off to participate in school-related events
- Paid time off when volunteering through Mattel’s Children’s Foundation
- Two ‘half-days’ per week of free English lessons (Italy)
How important are job benefits to you?